Many of our customers in the Food Industry have found that the mixing process is a key strategic tool in their efforts to improve product quality, to take advantage of new ingredients and comply with environmental regulation.
Process-enhancing techniques such as vacuum mixing, in-line solids induction and precise temperature control, are now widely recognized as essential. Some reactions during the mixing cycle are becoming more complex. To gain a competitive advantage, the Food processor today needs a mixing and control system that provides more versatility and greater control over the mixing process.
By refining the mixing process in our Test and Development Center, and combining new technologies in mixing and process control, we can...
- Make new processes possible
- Reduce the equipment (and the capital cost) necessary to mix the product
- Shorten the mixing process and lower operating costs
- And produce a superior end-product.
The key to all this is technology and experience - bringing together new developments in mixing technology and applying them creatively. Take a look at some of the Ross products most commonly used in mixing. Then contact Ross to learn how we can design a mixing system for your application.
Blending and Drying
The Ross line of equipment for Food applications involving blending and vacuum drying is designed to offer our customers the greatest possible flexibility.
- V and Double Cone Tumble Blender designs are most often used for the intimate dry blending of free flowing solids. The solids being blended in these units can vary in bulk density and in percentage of the total mixture. Materials being blended are constantly being split and intermixed as the shell rotates. Normal cycle times are typically in the range of 15 minutes, however can be less depending on the difficulty of blending.
- Vertical Cone Screw Blenders are offered for applications in which floor space is limited, a wide selection of models from lab sizes through full-scale production are available.
- Ribbon Blenders are available in many capacities and configurations. Most can be shipped to your plant directly from stock.
- For drying and granulation applications, our Vertical Blenders, Cylindrical Blenders or our Double Planetary and PowerMix equipped for vacuum drying may be ideal. These systems allow you to blend and dry in a closed two-step process, in a single machine.
In both Horizontal and Vertical Blender designs, Ross offers many options to suit your application precisely. Complete control systems are available, along with such options such as high speed lump breakers, sanitary construction and a variety of designs for stuffing boxes and discharge valves.
At Ross, we have combined several new technologies to offer more alternatives for customers who need high quality, cost-efficient dispersions.
We can now manufacture many fine dispersions more cost-efficiently than ever before. Especially with our new X-Series, Quad-Slot and MegaShear Rotor/Stator Mixers and our High Speed Dispersers.
- Batch - Rotor-Stator Mixers
- Batch - High Speed Dispersers
- Batch - Turbine Mixers
- Inline - Single stage Rotor-Stator Mixers
- Inline - Multi stage Rotor-Stator Mixers
Whether your objective is to perfect a new product or improve your present product, Ross has the technology and the experience to give you fast, cost-effective results.
Emulsification, Homogenization and Solubilization
Our conventional Single and Multi-Stage Rotor/Stator Mixers play important roles in food processes. They are capable of producing emulsions, solubilizing thickeners, dispersing minor ingredients, and more . These designs have been continually improved offering closer tolerances and new rotor/stator configurations.
In some instances, the Rotor/Stator Mixers are combined with a sweep anchor agitator and a high speed disperser (in our Dual & Triple Shaft designs), to offer processors even greater versatility and control.
Until recently, we all thought that sub-micron emulsions had to be produced with a high-pressure homogenizer, colloid mill, or a very expensive rotor/stator mixer. All of these choices come with high prices attached, along with high operating costs, high maintenance and low throughput. Then everything changed. Our R & D team developed two new models of our Rotor/Stator Mixer, the "X-Series" and "MegaShear," that could produce sub-micron emulsions faster than any high pressure homogenizer - and for a fraction of the cost.
Check out our new Rotor/Stator Mixers and our other equipment for emulsification, homogenization and solubilization. Then contact Ross to learn more. New technology has changed our thinking in this category of applications, and has changed the thinking of many of our customers, too!