- Cheesecake Formulations - Mixing butter and cheese until a smooth, lump-free,
creamy consistency is achieved without "breaking up" the butter, over-beating the cream
cheese or over-heating the mixture is the key to success.
Read Food Engineering Article
- Candy and Confectionary Products - The Ross VersaMix is the new choice
for candy and confectionary manufacturers. This highly viscous
application was previously made using double arm sigma blade mixers.
However, gum dispersion can be inadequate resulting to fish eyes and
lumps in the finished product. Several lab tests have confirmed that
the VersaMix can properly disperse these gums and create a smoother,
better quality product. Conventional propeller or turbine mixers
simply cannot achieve the same level of dispersion nor could they
handle this tough mixing application.
- Dry Solid Blends - The food industry is the main end user of most Ross
Ribbon Blenders. Common applications include coffee, spices, food
coloring, flour, sugar, cake and bread mixes, frozen vegetables,
salsa mixes, snack foods and tea blends.
- Gums - Ross Kneader Extruders are appropriate equipment for processing
chewing gums and other extremely viscous food products.
- Juices - Fortified milk and juices are prepared in Ross Sanitary High
- Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Dressings - Ross Ultra-High Shear Mixers are great
alternatives to expensive and high-maintenance high pressure
homogenizers when it comes to preparing fine food emulsions and
dispersions as in salad dressings, mustard sauce, ketchup, etc.
- Pet Foods - Ross Blenders are also commonly used for making pet food
mixes and animal feeds.
- Syrups - In various soft drink manufacturing facilities, Ross High Shear
Mixers are successfully being used for dissolving preservatives and
artificial sweeteners into water. Previously, propeller mixers were
being used which were not able to eliminate the lumps formed by the
preservative and sweetener.
- Sauces - A major supplier of pizza sauce utilizes a Ross Dual Shaft
Mixer with Anchor and Disperser to blend large volumes of tomato
paste with water, salt and spices.
- Meats and Seafood - The Ross Ribbon Blender is being used by a customer
to blend fresh shrimp with cocktail sauce. Chopped meats and
vegetables may likewise be mixed in a Ross Paddle Blender.
- Soup Bases - The gentle blending action of the Ross Vertical Blender
makes it ideal for soups.